Monday, July 22, 2013

Step by Step. Beach Stones

Sometimes inspiration comes at the oddest times. The inspiration for this series came while I was in the bathroom looking at my bath mat. 'Hmmm', says I, ' I wonder what would happen if...' So I took the bath mat into my studio and here is a series of photos of what evolved.


 
Here is the raw print created by the mat.                   I next went over the print with water and a brush
                                                                                  and removed some of the pigment from the stones.

The paint is removed. I then went                                   Here, on the left, you can see the stones             back and erased more pigment.                                        emerging. This took hours before I could
                                                                                         begin to draw into the print.

No comments:

Post a Comment